Using headphones for music is one of the finest things you can enjoy. At the same time, more usage of headphones will make it dirty. Dirty headphones are not hygienic and also the sound quality is degraded. Thus, it becomes important to clean your headphones at regular intervals.
Cleaning headphones can become a tedious job if you do not do it properly. Along with the work becoming tedious, you won’t be able to clean your headphones properly. So, here in this post, I will give some easy tips to clean your headphones. Before that, let’s take a look at what all things will you require to clean your headphones.
Things required to clean headphones:
- Thick cloth
- Luke warm water
- Dish washing liquid or detergent
- Isopropyl alcohol or rubbing alcohol
How to clean your headphone: Step by Step:
- Remove the ear buds or the cloth piece on your headphone. You need to clean this cloth properly as this is the only part that will come in contact directly with your ears. Sometimes the ear wax gets accumulated on these clothes and thus it becomes unhygienic and also distorts your sound quality.
- Wash them up with clean mild hot water and let it dry in the Sun. This will clean the clothes properly and will also destroy most of the germs from it.
- Now, put two to three drops of dish washing liquid into a bowl and pour little hot water in it. This will dilute the solution and thus will not create extensive foam on it. In case you do not have the dish washing liquid, handy, you can also use the detergent powder for this.
- To clean the sticky dirt on your headphone, dip a thick clean cloth into the solution and rub it on the whole device.
- Now, it’s time to clean the speakers part. You can take a small pin or a toothpick to clean the holes near the ear buds. If you have too much of dirt stuck in those holes, you will not be able to hear the sound clearly. (While cleaning it, take care that you do not pierce the pin or the toothpick deep into the headphone that it destroys the inner circuit.)
- Now it’s time to take out all the dirt that is inside your headphone. So, take an air blower and put it at the normal speed. Now, blow air gently into the headphone’s speakers. This will blow out all the dirt from inside the headphone.
Now your headphone is clean!!
People tend to use the headphones while they travel. This is the worse time for the headphones as they may get dirty and may break down due to some damage during traveling. So, to take care of your headphones while traveling follow the below given steps.
How to handle headphones properly while travelling:
The first and foremost advice to carry any headphone is to use a hard cardboard box. This will ensure that your headphones are not physically damaged while traveling.
Also, make sure to keep your headphones in a way that they do not dash with various objects, otherwise this will lead to tangled headphone wires.
While traveling, the headphone gets dirtier, and thus it requires cleaning at a short and regular interval. This will help you keep your headphones hygienic and will avail high sound quality. Steps to clean a headphone is given above in the section “How to clean your headphone”.
If you are travelling in rainy season with headphones, you should better go with waterproof Bluetooth headphones, as normal headphones can get damaged due to moisture or water.